- Crankshaft: Crankshaft is a turn-key GNU/Linux distribution for the Raspberry Pi that transforms it to an Android Auto headunit.
- Hackable hardware list: A list of consumer devices that are ubiquitous, cheap and have significant hacking values, many accidentally and unintended by the manufacturers.
- EzPi4ME: Easy Raspberry Pi image creation for removing the Intel ME. Make it dead simple for you to disable Intel ME on Chromebooks and Thinkpads. Use with extreme care.
- High-altitude Balloon: Collaborating with Dustin Mayfield-Jones, Derek Sigler, Don Bindner, et al. Yes we launch balloons to near-space.
Research and publications
Please look at my Google Scholar Profile for a list of my publications.
Minimally maintained projects
- Oryza blogging-as-a-service. As a server, it enables hosting and deploying multiple blogs/sites hosted on the git version control system. As a client, it generates a static site from a jekyll-like site structure. Runs on Windows, OS X, Linux.
- Truck Linux. D. Bindner, H. Truong. Creating Thin-Client Workstations Using Ubuntu. Presentation. HELIX Conference. Missouri Research and Education Network. Mar 2011.
- Chumby Webkit+Qt4. Custom webkit backend for the Chumby internet enabled alarm clock. Code.
- Chronos OTP Firmware. Firmware for the Texas Instrument’s Chronos Watch. Enables Google Two-Factor sign in. Code.
- GenieMon. Software application enabling Real-time monitoring of lab computers and generating statistical reports for lab usage. Live system.
- Sophia Keyboard. Vietnamese smart keyboard, based on fuzzy word matching. No longer maintained.
- Unikey Legacy 32-bit. A Unikey Vietnamese Keyboard Driver distribution for easier installation, deployment, update and maintenance for end-users and system administrators. Fixes some Unikey's annoying behaviors. Very fast. NEW: Fixed link.
- Viet Lunar Calendar. This gadget displays corresponding Lunar date corresponding to today or any solar date. Works with Windows Vista (also 7, maybe?). NEW: Fixed link.
- 1911 player. Lightweight, static HTML5 player, to stream music from the Raspberry Pi. Code.